Before Your Appointment:
All skaters are different and we love working with everyone!
If you do require any additional support during your appointment i.e. a quiet space, longer appointment time, wheelchair access- please do let us know!!
- Always bring your current skates with you and a thin, clean pair of socks
- Under 16’s Must be accompanied by an adult/parent/guardian
- Please limit your party to a maximim of 2 (the skater and parent/partner/freind)
- Please notify us if you need to bring more than one other person (children, other skaters) We have minimal space/chairs. This will help us manage our appoitment timings
- At this time ALL our customers are asked to wear a face covering (covering the nose and mouth)
Arriving Late / Cancellations
We know accidents happen and traffic can be bad however if you are 30mins (or more) late for your appointment we may have to reschedule due to other bookings on this day.
If you are running late, and it is safe for you to do so, please call or text us to let us know.
Cancellations- If you no longer require your booking, or are no longer able to make the appointment, please ensure you inform us of this at least 24 hours before. Last minute cancellations and No Shows are recorded and will effect you booking onto prime appointment slots later on.
What to expect during your appointment:
- You will have one of our team members sit with you and take notes of your skating level, current skates, future goals, age (for growing room if needed) and any other details.
- After taking the skaters foot lenght and width we will then also provide you with a footbed consultation (High, medium or low arches etc)
- Once we have a full picture of your feet, weight distribution and arch type we can then start to try things on!!
- Once we find your perfect pair of skates we then also include, free of charge, the first heat moulding (moulding the boot to the skaters foot) and 1st blade sharpen
Any further questions?
Where are we?
We have two shops!
One of them is our Basepoint Showroom and the other is inside Gosport ice rink.
Please find the details below to help you find us at our Basepoint showroom
Or click the button below for details for our Ice Rink Shop
From M3 or A3 to the M27
Junction 11 of the M27 Fareham Exit
Follow the A32 towards Gosport
Fareham Train Station
E2 Bus to “Leisure Centre”
2min walk to Basepoint
From Portsmouth Harbour Station
E2 Bus to “Leisure Centure”
2 Min walk to Basepoint
Any further questions?