Key traits that suggest you may need insoles in your ice skates:
- Uneven creasing on the outside of the boot and no/little creasing on the inside- this means your boot is trying to hold you up and it’s beginning to show signs of stress.
- Breaking down boot in less than year– this is also another clear cut sign that an insole was needed as the boots has lost the battle against your foot.
- Not being able to hold/control and outside edge or struggling with 1 footed spins.- This is because the foot is permanently rotated to the inside of the boot.
- Blisters or rubbing on the inside of the foot
- Cramping in the arches of the feet- The muscles in the feet are too tight from rolling inward.